The Agency for Youth and Sports in accordance with Article 50 of the Law on Sports (“Official Gazette of RM” no. 29/02, 66/04, 81/08, 18/11, 51/11 and 64/12), performs verification of world-class sportsmen.
Senior sportsmen, citizens of the Republic of Macedonia, based on the results achieved in a certain period of time, acquire the sports category: World category sportsman.
Once acquired, the sports category has a lifelong character and belongs to the sportsman for life as a title. Sportsmen acquire the sports category based on the results achieved in official competitions, national championships, European and world championships, world university championships and summer and winter Olympic Games. When determining the sports category, only the results achieved at official international competitions that are in the calendar of European and world associations and national championships are evaluated. The sports results achieved by the sportsmen in senior competition, more precisely the criteria and criteria are determined in the Rulebook for categorization of the sportsmen from the Republic of Macedonia (“Official Gazette of RM” no. 51/02 and 50/04).
The national sports federations are obliged to submit complete documentation on time for the proposed candidates for categorized sportsmen.
World class athlete:
- Ivo Cvetkovski – Karate
- Ardita Iseni Rizni – Karate
- Ognen Gruevski – Karate
- Natasha Ilievska – Karate
- Zharko Arsovski – Karate
- Primislav Dimovski – Boxing
- Says Mumin – Boxing
- Martin Nestorovski – Karate
- Dimitar Mirakovski – Basketball
- Vlado Ilievski – Basketball
- Bo Lester McCalebb – Basketball
- Vojdan Stojanovski – Basketball
- Damjan Stojanovski – Basketball
- Marko Simonovski – Basketball
- Todor Gechevski – Basketball
- Pero Antic – Basketball
- Ivica Dimcevski – Basketball
- Gjorgji Cekovski – Basketball
- Predrag Samardziski – Basketball
- Darko Sokolov – Basketball
- Andrej Stojanoski – Swimming championships for the hearing impaired persons
- Berat Jakupi – Karate
- Emil Pavlov – Karate
- Olivera Nakovska Bikova – Archery
- Igor Stefanovski – Automobilism
- Zoran Ristovski – Cycling